Peanut butter is a delicious spread commonly used in sandwiches, baked goods, candy, and even milkshakes. Unlike normal butter, peanut butter is quite on the expensive side, reason why most people prefer to make theirs.
Homemade peanut butter is simple to make. You only need one ingredient and a food processor or a high-powered blender for this peanut butter. This homemade peanut butter is so much cheaper and tastier.
Below we’ve shared how to make your creamy and crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups of groundnut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if your groundnut is already salted then skip this)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
- Vegetable oil
What you need
- Food processor or blender
- Container with cover
- Baking sheets
How to make it
- Roast your groundnut if you are using fresh groundnut. Place the peanuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until lightly golden-brown and glossy with oil, about 10 minutes. You can skip this step if you’re using pre-toasted.
- Pour your groundnut into a processor fitted with the blade attachment or blender. If you toasted your nuts, do this while the nuts are still warm. Pulse a few times just until chopped.
- Blend continuously for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. At this point, the peanut butter will look gritty and dry.
- Add in your salt, oil and honey, blend.
- Continue blending until it becomes completely smooth. Taste and add more salt or other add-ins to taste. If you reserved some nuts for chunky peanut butter, add them now.
- Scrape the peanut butter into a storage container, cover, and refrigerate. The peanut butter can be used immediately