Activated Charcoal mask is known for its detoxing and cleansing power. That means, it is great for pulling the dirt and oil out of your pores, absorbing toxins and create glowing skin.
Using charcoal face mask does the following
- Cleanse pores
- Absorb excess oil
- Exfoliate the skin
- Remove Blackheads and dirt
- Remove toxins
- Leave skin looking smoother, cleaner and healthier
What you need
- 1 tsp bentonite clay
- 1 tsp activated charcoal powder
- 2 tsp water
- ½ tsp pure honey
- 1 drop each lavender oil (optional)
How to make your mask
- In a small glass bowl add the water and essential oil.
- Sprinkle the bentonite clay over the top of the water mixture in the bow. Allow it to absorb for about 10 seconds before adding the rest of the ingredients. This makes the mixture easier to combine.
- Use a small rubber spatula to mash and mix everything together. The clay will want to stay lumpy, so this takes a few minutes to mix thoroughly. You’ll have enough mixture here for two face masks.
- If the Charcoal mask is too thick after mixing, then add small amounts of water and stir until it’s the consistency you need to easily spread. Just don’t get it too watery.
- Once your mask is mixed, apply it liberally to your face. Allow it to dry, about 10 minutes, before washing off with soap and warm water.
How to take off your mask
- Leave the mask on for about 10 minutes, then wash it off with warm water and a soft cloth.
- Do not leave the mask on longer than 10 minutes. As the mask dries you will feel a tightening feeling in your face.
- Always apply a hydrating moisturizer and/or skin serum to help replenish moisture to the skin.
Note: This mask is meant to be used once and not store, as it does not contain preservatives. You can only store if you have refrigerator to store it in.